Saturday 23 May 2015

A Fishy Tale

I began working on a background on cardboard and just couldn't get it right. Many layers of paint and citra-solv papers later I still wasn't happy with it so I started to tear the top layer off and eventually discarded to whole thing apart from some of the citra-solv pieces.

I was determined to get something finished today so here is what I ended up with. A very simple collage using the left over papers.




I am linking this to ART JOURNAL JOURNEY where the theme for this month is THE SEA.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY
XXX

6 comments:

  1. Lovely fish collage with your citra solv paper scraps! Great that you have linked to AJJ!
    I had a similar day today... nothing came out as I liked it to come out.
    And bad weather as well...
    Hope tomorrow will be a better day for art!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey again, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A simple collage but sometimes they are the best. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing better than I am...I haven't been able to salvage a thing for days.... :( I like your fishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple or not, I think it's awesome, and I would be happy ANY day of the week to create something like this. Have a happy Sunday {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you persevered, I love your minimalist fish scene.

    ReplyDelete