Friday 14 November 2014

Sisters

Hello and welcome,

If you are one of the party goers visiting for Paint Party Friday you may have missed an earlier post I did on a WIP  based on sketch I did a while ago. When I originally did this sketch I loved the faces so much that I didn't want to add anything more to it in fear of changing the look of it.


I came across it while going through my sketchbook looking for something else and decided to use it as a basis for a mixed media painting. I think that once in a while a work, for what ever reason, seems to 'speak' to you. Touches you in someway more than others do. For me, when I look at this sketch, this is one of those times. It was something that I felt could not be captured again in the painting.

  Sisters
Mixed media on card


I am pleased with the way it turned out but I don't think I have captured that same 'feeling'. I would be interested to hear your thoughts. x

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I ike the mixed media work even better than the sketch. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the emotion in both - the sketch and the mixed media work. My first thought was "mother and daughter" - probably because I have a daughter and I have often sketched this "scene" myself. It's beautiful, very quiet and "whole".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, both of them. I think the older sister has the same feeling in both of them, but I see a difference in the eyes' expression in the younger sister. But both are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing .. I think the same as Faye !
    Lovely sisters are this!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's quite a difference between the two as I see it. In your sketch they both seem sad, or perhaps vulnerable would be the right word. Just as if something is going to happen. In your last piece, I feel it has happened. They're not expecting any more, just realizing. Yes, I think that's what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, the painting has a different feel. In the sketch they look like they belong together and share a little secret,there's a feeling of contentment and closeness. I don't find that in the painting, the paintng is more like they are posing for a picture. Which doesn't mean it didn't turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the comments that there is a difference in the feeling between both paintings...as would be expected. Both elicit different emotions...I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are very diffrerent, but each has their own 'emotion' going for them. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are just gorgeous! In the first sketch the little one seems to emote adoration for the older one with the older one seeming amused! In the painting they both look like something traumatic has happened and they are grieving. That's my perspective but I absolutely love them!! Really good work!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so precious. The love is evident! Beautiful colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with everyone else, they do look different but both are successful. The light and bright colors of the 2nd piece create more of an up lifting feel. ;)

    ReplyDelete