Sunday 16 November 2014

If at first..........

........ you don't succeed try, try again.

A while ago I posted a drawing I did in coloured pencils. I didn't like it at the time and now I look back on it I can't believe I posted it for the world to see .Lol! Not that I think the whole world visits my blog but you know what I mean.

Well, I thought I would give it another try. My first attempt was 'unpostable'. (I think I made that word up.) Then I had one last ditch attempt and this is how it turned out.


Maybe with a little more practice I will get to like working in them but for now the 'jury' is out.

I am linking this post to Sunday Sketches over at Alexandra's blog Blue Chair Diary Illistrations.

Thanks for visiting. x

9 comments:

  1. She is a gentle and beautiful soul..such serene and searching eyes..a lot of emotions and stories I feel from her! Wonderful!
    Happy SS
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so sweet, I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she's lovely! She has a gentle, wistful look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me smile with your self criticism..I do think you are rather hard on yourself, as without mistakes we would never learn however I think you have handled the medium beautifully. your figures always have a timeless feel to them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it we are our own worst critics? She is lovely! (We can't all be Marilyn Monroes..... ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she is adorable Carol. Her sweet face and soulful eyes are Innocence personified. Unused mediums always take time to get used to, but you've used the pencils so well, I wouldn't have thought them to be 'new' to you. Really lovely work indeed. Enjoy your week, whatever you're up to ((hugs)) :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great that you tried it again! This girl turned out wonderful! She reminds me of some lovely, beloved, old picture books from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's something so utterly beautiful about this piece. I really love it and want to just sit here with my cup of tea and gaze at the eyes for eternity. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete