Friday 18 July 2014

The Colours of Summer.

I am linking this post to both Summer of Colour and Paint Party Friday.

I am quite sad this week because this is the final week for SOC, I have really enjoyed taking part in this challenge as being limited to just three colours means you have to think just that little bit harder about what you are going to create.

This week the colours are

 
Raspberry, Tangerine and a touch of Lemon

I was so happy to see this lovely combo after last weeks which was not one of my favourites. I have even managed to copy the colour palette over. I had some tips on how to do this from a couple of very helpful fellow bloggers but I still had problems until I thought to ask my son and BINGO! there it is.

Here is my offering for this week.


Mixed Media on 9"x12" Watercolour Paper

Materials used:- acrylics, charcoal pencil, watercolour pencil and book paper (decorated with a stamp and permanent black ink).

If you missed seeing what else I have been working on this week and are interested in taking a look you can see my previous posts here and here.

Likewise, if you would like to see some beautiful artwork from around the world click on the SOC and Paint Party Friday badges in the side-bar.

Thanks for visiting. x

16 comments:

  1. Lovely mixed media collage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Now off to see more of your SOC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing is this.. love your take on the SOC week 6 colors! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really stunning, love what you have made. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. I too loved the colors this week, but found it hard to make anything reasonable until an idea came to mind. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did this: soft neutral colours on the girl and the bright summer colours in the background. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect entry-I love how you sponged the colors on and left a good amount of white negative space! Glad you were able to get the color chart on your blog too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is nice, you are invited to share this with Feline Art Friday:
    http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2014/07/feline-art-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This soc is adorable...wonderful way to use the colors...I love your other ones too!! Good job...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your SOC art is wonderful. I think you were very creative to make those colors go together harmoniously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really dig her paper dress! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. The face on this girl is amazing. There is a hint of "I know something you don't" in her expression. Very nicely done.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful mixed media and great use of colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you used this color, just a little, just the right amount actually! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete