Wednesday 22 January 2014

In the U.K January is a cold and drizzly month .That, together with the post Christmas blues means that February cannot come quick enough for me.
However I am currently working on a couple of mixed media pieces along side each other (which is unusual for me) and although they are both still 'a work in progress' I thought I would share one of them with you today.


This piece came about because I decided to make some patterned papers to use in my future projects. Initially I was disappointed in them and disliked them all. This background was the one I liked the least. But the more I looked at it the more I was determined to do something with it. I added the figure of a girl, the window and darkened the bottom of the background. I am still trying to make my mind up what coloujr to do her dress so until then she has been put on hold.

Even though I disliked the patterned papers so much I have used two more of them in my other piece which I will share with you in a future post.

Bye for now x

1 comment:

  1. This is looking great so far. Love the atmospheric colours! Thanks for your comments, have to add that glass medium should have been gloss medium lol!! I need new glasses i think! :)

    ReplyDelete