Friday 21 December 2012

Seasonal Greetings.

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying the run up to Christmas. I just wanted to share with you this weeks offering for Tag Tuesday. This weeks theme was Decorating a Christmas Ornament.

This is a Christmas Bauble that I made in a Christmas Felt Making Workshop.


The wool tops were hand felted around a polystyrene ball and sequins were then attached by inserting pins with seed beads on the end.

The last couple of days I have been working on a mixed media picture which I have  framed for a Christmas gift. The photos came out a bit dark and this one is the best one of the bunch although not at the finished stage.



This is a pic of the finished piece.



Materials I used were Brusho Sprays (which I used for the first time), acrylic paint, Lumiere paint, oil pastels, rubber stamps, Distress ink in Vintage Photo for stamping and black calligraphy ink.

This will be my last post until all the festivities are over with so I would like to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and see you in the New Year.

Bye for now x

3 comments:

  1. I love the collage - it's beautiful - I've never heard of Brusho sprays, but I love the effect you've achieved. The bauble is gorgeous and I bet is looks stunning on your tree!
    Hope you have a very happy and creative Christmas
    - Diana xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your projects! The fluffy Christmas bauble is so different! I've decorated polystyrene balls in the past but not covered them first - this is sooo much nicer. Have you ever made Tamari balls? We had a workshop at the embroidery group I used to belong to. You cover the ball with old coloured tights and then map out a design with pins, and start wrapping with thread. They are brilliant.

    I've never heard of Brusho sprays either... Love the mixed media piece. Very subtle colouring with lots of depth as you've built up the layers.

    Thanks for your lovely comment - I'm feeling better again today (as I was yesterday) - long may it last! The temptation is to get into "boom and bust" and overdo things on days when one feels better, and then suffer the consequences. The only way is to pace, pace, pace! So glad you like my new Zentangle album. It's been such fun doing it, and it's a most enjoyable ongoing project to fill it with ATCs of all my favourite patterns. I'll be uploading the latest ones soon.

    Hope you have a very happy 2013 too, with lots of inspiration and creativity!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your nice words at my place, fuzzy fingers... yes, have a go with the tracing paper - it's lovely. : )

    xoxo

    lynne

    ReplyDelete