Monday 23 July 2012

Little Flowers all in a Row.

Hi Everyone,

I promised I would be back to show you the completed textile piece I was working on since my last post and here it is.








As I mentioned previously, this is a request from a friend who wanted it as a gift for a friend of hers and I know she will be having a peek at this post so,  'I hope you like it'.

The techniques I used are detailed in a  previous post entitled  'Flowers' .except that the flowers here are made up of my gorgeous gold crinkly metallic fabric (which I am in love with and only have a little bit left ) sandwiched between two layers of  organza ,one red and one pink, and the stems are not green but stamped with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

My gorgeous gold metallic fabric (did I mention I was in love with it) was a small piece that I bought from a stall at The Knitting and Stitch Show in Harrogate. I have no idea what it's called so I can't replace it. So I  have decided that I am going to keep it all to myself  and make something with it to hang on my wall.

I have just bought a book on the works of Gustav Klimt because I was fascinated by the colours and patterns in his art work. So perhaps I can use his work as inspiration for a piece of textile art using my crinkly gold fabric.

Thank you so much to those of you out there who have been kind enough to leave comments. They are much appreciated.

Bye for now. x



3 comments:

  1. I think your friend has to be pleased with this, it is a lovely creation. I have enjoyed looking at your blog, you are doing some lovely work! I shall be back, ( said in my best Arnie voice!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - I loved your first piece and I love this one - your friend's friend is sure to be thrilled with it. I love the text on the background, and the flowers look like they are shimmering - just beautiful. Do you use the distress ink just like a normal ink pad? - I'm wondering if mine is drying out because I would never be able to get such clear lines using it like that, I'm sure!
    Can't wait to see your Klimt inspired work - his work is so sumptuous that I'm sure you'll need to pop out and invest in a lot more gold crinkly fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the way you've used mixed media and your flowers (and the gold crinkly!) are gorgeous. The background shows off the flowers really well.
    I'm sure anyone would be happy to receive this - I certainly would.
    Your design would make a beautiful card too. You should enter it in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show - their theme is a Hey Girl and I would think this piece fits the bill perfectly.
    Juliax
    PS Love Klimt too!

    ReplyDelete