Monday 2 July 2012

Flowers

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop buy to share with you my latest project which is now ready and waiting to go on show in a local exhibition.

I take textile classes and each year  there is an exhibition held at a local cafe which shows and sells  local artists work. Last year I actually sold my first piece of textile art. I was shocked to say the least. This is this years offering.


I know the picture is taken a little far away to see the actual piece but I wanted to show it complete with the frame. Here is a couple of other pic's taken before it was put in the frame.



The background was painted with Lumiere paint in Halo Pink-Gold and stamped with a text stamp in Vintage photo Distress Ink. The stem was painted in Lumiere paint and the flower heads are made up of circles of silk,organza and a beautiful crinkly gold metallic fabric which I bought at a Textile Fair. I finished off with the word 'Flower's' which I distressed with a little Vintage Photo.

The private viewing is this coming Thursday so I'm looking forward to seeing  it up on show.

I am starting work on another textile picture for a friend so I will post some pics when it is finished.

Please feel free to leave a comment as it is always nice to get feedback.

Bye for now x

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! I've been catching up since the exhibition & this is just lovely. No surprise that you've sold, but I guess even tho I've sold a few I'm still surprised! The day I think 'mah' when I sell something is the day I stop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful - I'm sure it will be snapped up. I love the background text and the flower is so pretty with that gold shimmer. Good luck at the exhibition and great to see you back blogging,
    Diana xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your piece for this year is stunning, Fuzzie, and I'm sure someone will buy it! Beautiful colours and textures.

    Thanks for your lovely comment - it's great to feel better again, and I am trying (promise!) not to overdo things - at least not for a while! I've managed to parcel up most of the ATCs now and they are on their way, which is a weight off my mind - I was getting so behind with everything.

    I've just spoilt myself with some lovely new stash which I shall be blogging about soon. Can't wait to get stuck in, but I've got boring money stuff to sort out first, as our accountant is coming next week and I haven't even made a start...

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go on Fuzzie, you know you want to... (get the Dylusions ink sprays lol!) They really do look good enough to eat, don't they. The seals are still on. I may have had a norty day buying all that stuff but I've been a good girl today doing hubby's awful finances for our accountant's appt. on Tues. Nearly done now so I can have fun with more of a clear conscience! Still lots to catch up on before I can open up my inks, though.

    I have heard of people using inks (various sorts) in the water brushes. Methinks I'll need to order several more sets of those! At the moment I just use them with water in them, with my Inktense pencils for my zentangles. Have you visited Christie's blog and seen her tutorials on the palettes? Must do that!!!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete