Saturday 9 June 2012

Time for Tea

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe I'm back again so soon. That's what becomes of being a football widow. I thought I would stop by and let you know what I've got on the boil ( pardon the pun).

Whilst checking out fellow bloggers art work I have learned that you can use tea bags (minus the tea) in mixed media and textile art. I have come across a very talented artist Kim Henkel who produces some beautiful  art work using tea bags. You can see her work if you visit  her blog Letting  in the Light.

The tea bags  that I use do not have tags and are shaped like pyramids and are not made from the same paper as the 'posh ones' lol. So I went out to get a box especially and today I steeped my first tea bag for the sole purpose of  experimenting with something new. Whilst brown tea gives  lovely sepia coloured patterns I thought I would try some fruit teas.


And there it is in all it's pink loveliness. It's now hanging in my airing cupboard to dry out and tomorrow I will open it up. I have to say that I'm really excited to see how it turns out. I'm not sure yet, what I'm going to put on it ,but I was thinking of making a little book using the tea bag paper for the pages. I have the cover already.  It is a piece of fabric paper which I stamped some text on.  I folded it in half and thought it would make a nice cover for a little book and it has been sitting on my work desk waiting to be worked on.


Well I will be back soon to let you know how I'm getting along with it.

Bye for now x









6 comments:

  1. What a smashing idea! I've 'dyed' paper with a brown tea bag, but was unsure what to use it for; I was just experimenting because I'd read about it and was curious. You've got a twofer with the fruit tea - the dyed paper and the bag itself, which I wouldn't have thought about re-using. Thank you. Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use tea bags all the time, they are so versatile. I've hand painted them then coated them with resin, they make great pages for mini journals as the resin makes them transparent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to fast tomorrow, so I'll save all my fruity tea bags!
    Glad you found Julie's video interesting. I have added stamp making to my very long list of things to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea bags are great... love the pink colour you got with this one. I am so glad that I have inspired you to try creating with them. I am looking forward to seeing what you create, and thanks for linking to my blog.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need to 'use' the tea bag first??
    The last time I was in my local scrap store they had sheets of tea bag paper - I must go back and get some!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gill for becoming my latest follower. With regards to the tea bag paper. I am new to using this product but I believe you can buy it because I think you use it for tea bag folding. As you will see mine are actual tea bags which I steeped in hot water because I wanted them to be stained with the colour of the tea.

      Delete