Friday 1 June 2012

The Olympic Flame

Hi Everyone,

Today my hubby and I went to see the Olympic Torch as it made it's way through our neck of the woods. With the crowds lining the route it was difficult to catch a glimpse of the torch as it went whizzing by. I took my trusty camera with me hoping to get a few pics but it proved very difficult but I held the camera aloft and just hoped for the best and this was the shot I got.



A bit blurry but at least I captured the main star of the show which is of course  the flame itself.

With all the talk of Jubilee celebrations this weekend it gets you a little bit nostalgic, which I may add is not usually me at all. But I thought I would have a search amongst my old photos and dig out a couple I had of the Silver Jubilee street party we had back in 1977. The first one is of myself  ( I can't believe I'm posting this ) and the second is of my sister.





There is a Jubilee party going on at the weekend in our local village. There is going to be face painting, stilt walkers,circus entertainers and even gladiators believe it or not. If the weather's nice and I get any good pics I will post them.

I was hoping to post my tag for this week the theme is 'Bunting and Flags' but I don't like how it turned out so I'm going back to my original idea and starting over again so I hope to post it tomorrow.

Well bye for now. x

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete